Saturday, December 15, 2007

A fond farewell

Thursday night the ATC club hosted by The Stamping Grounds in Royal Oak met for the last time. After 25 years in business, TSG is closing its doors this weekend. This has been my most favorite shop for artful rubber stamps and supplies since moving to Michigan and I've made some wonderful friends through the club.


Here are Dot, owner of The Stamping Grounds and Ms. Maggie, her right-hand woman. I'll miss the shop and all the great classes and ATC club meetings I've been able to attend. For our last get-together we enjoyed appetizers and desserts, chatted and then sang Christmas carols. Maggie brought her guitar and led the singing. A bittersweet occasion. Gals, please stay in touch!

1 comment:

last minute lynn said...

It is so sad that the Stamping Grounds is closed. Dot and Maggie will truly be missed. Wish I could ahve at least amde it to the going out of biz sale....