Sunday, June 08, 2008

It's Official...

On my 4th attempt and at the ripe old age of 46, I have finally earned my first college degree. Yesterday was graduation day and I gamely donned the awful polyester gown and mortarboard. Being as I attended a "career college" I had no fear of being the oldest student to graduate and DH and I thought it would be a good opportunity for DD to see what graduation is all about.
Here I am with one of my favorite instructors, Susan Miedzianowski. She gamely fielded my relentless questions and offered lots of support and encouragement during the past several semesters.

I worked really hard and managed to keep my grades high, earning some honor pins and finishing Summa Cum Laude. I intended to go on to earn a Bachelors degree in Health Information Management but have tabled those plans since I'm not confident I'll be in Michigan long enough to finish the program. Can't find a HIM program in the region of PA we're relocating to so it looks like I'll end up choosing another field of study. But at least I've finally finished one! Now if I can just find a job...
Our Nike and Adidas-only-wearing daughter surprised us by picking out a dress for the occasion. I thought she looked very feminine and grown up. (click photo to enlarge) But watching her walk in high heeled sandals reminds me of a baby giraffe, for some reason.
My precious friend Patrice sent these bee-you-tee-ful flowers for the occasion and my wonderful mother-in-law sent a box of enormous and decadent chocolate covered strawberries so it was a very fun weekend. And yes Margaret, we did go out for a nice dinner afterwards.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

i saw your site from UHU and i wanted to say congrats on getting your degree!