Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy 2009!

The weekend after Christmas DH helped me take down and stow away our enormous Christmas tree, then we made a break for it during the first break in the weather. We dropped Darcy off at Puppy Camp, left my car at the Detroit airport, and I rode back to Pennsylvania with him. He's living in Harrisburg and working at the Three Mile Island nuclear generating station, located on an island (not three miles long) in the middle of the Susquehanna River. I took this picture from a ridge just behind the training building, where DH works.

A few minutes west or south of the plant and you're in Amish country. We came to love the serene beauty of Amish farming communities when we lived in Ohio and the hills of Lancaster County, PA make this area even more appealing. We spent almost a week driving the region, scouting for possible areas to search for our next home. So far this is our favorite prospect.

After a cancellation due to freezing rain and fog in Detroit (and an extra day with DH!) I flew back to Michigan on the 5th and I'm now buckling down on looking for a job and will be brainstorming with our wonderful realtor on selling our home here. 2009 WILL be the year we sell this house and I move to Pennsylvania!! So be it. Amen. What are your goals and dreams for 2009?

1 comment:

needlewings said...

Lovly area! I have been there too. Also love your house. Wish we could afford it. Lots of space and nice layout.