Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We don't need no stinkin' chocolate bunnies

Instead of Easter eggs, my sister-friend Patti (the lovely lady pictured above) and I colored heavy paper and file folders. I'm taking a fab stenciling class from the amazing Mary Ann Moss of Dispatch From LA so we spent the afternoon spritzing spray paints and inks and figuring out all kinds of nifty objects to use as stencils and masks.Much more fun than eggs!
While still pretty chilly, it was much less windy today so we were able to work quite a while, at least as long as the sun was shining brightly enough to keep us warm.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

look at you with your mask and spray box. GO GO GO. love that photo! and now i know what the "swishy thing" was. clever clever girl!

Paula McNamee said...

Marilyn, your stenciled pieces are beautiful! It's neat how you layered the stencils. Isn't this class great.

Caroline said...

Looks like you had loads of fun!

I love that you tried keys - what other unusual stencils/masks worked well?

Chris said...

Can you STAND it?! We're both in MAs class! OH, sure, you are ahead of me already, but I'm used to that.

This is GREAT doily action, Baby! And you know I love the birdy's because I bought one of yours already!

I'm just now making mine, so watch out!